Wednesday, August 26, 2009

swirlTrend Reportsswirl

HOT TREND: Tutus for Your Flower Girls?

082409tutus

We’ve spotted a new trend we love. The tutu is back! And it’s popping up all over Hollywood – and not on the waists of heiresses and teenage reality TV stars, either, thankfully, but on celebrity toddlers instead. Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry’s daughter Nahla, Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck’s daughter Violet, and Suri Cruise (she deserved her own bolding, no?) have all been spotted sporting the ultra-girly skirt while out and about with their celebrity moms.

So, will the trend be the next big thing for the little ones in your wedding? Milla Jovovich seems to think so. When she wed longtime love Paul W.S. Anderson last weekend in a gorgeous backyard ceremony, she put their 20-month-old daughter Ever Gabo in a ballerina tutu for the big event. We like the idea – a lot! – and expect to see a lot more of it hit the (wedding) aisles next season. Would you put a tutu on your flower girl? If so, you'll love these three we just found, and fell for. They're both totally sweet and affordable:

Cotton Candy Pink Tutu with Striped Bow from shoplissy’s shop on Etsy; $18.50.

Sassy Blues SEWN Tutu from mom2twogal’s shop on Etsy; $23.50. (Was featured on< I>The View and includes matching headband with removable flower clip.)

The Portrait Tutu from Just Kidd’n; $35.

Comments (13)|add a comment

Tutu's are amazing additions to weddings and photographs. Little girls LOVE them and look angelic in them. If you are looking for a more benevolent gift check out
tutufor2.com
For every tutu they sell they give one away to a little girl who has been a victim of abuse. What better way to buy a tutu, you get to spoil your princess and bless another one. She has amazing tutu's and can do all custom orders!!!

Posted by: Racheal
on May 2, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Don't forget to check out htt://www.alwaysunderpay.com for wholesale tutus. You can dress them up with flowers if there is a need for a flower girl dress. Only $2.50. Tutus rock!

Posted by: Tiffany
on July 29, 2010 at 4:07 PM

The tutu is back! Flower girls adorned with tulle and roses so sweet! Check out this gorgeous line of flower girl tutus at http://www.poshlittletutus.com

Posted by: Bella
on July 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM

So glad to see this page!! I posted the link to this sroy on my page so that others too can see that it is a great idea... and so much more affordable. Mine start as little as $20 shipped and go up to $75, all depends on waist or chest and length.. as well as extras like swarovski crystals, glimmer tulle, flowers etc...

Posted by: Chelsea's Pretty Things
on July 6, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Absolutely gorgeous, every little flower girl would love to look like this. Great design!

Posted by: hardy t shirt
on May 27, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I think these are a great idea for weddings. I sell them in my etsy shop and they are so fun. It is also an affordable way to dress a flower girl for a wedding...not to mention adorable!!

www.madylututu.etsy.com

Posted by: Lindsey
on April 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM

I just got married in January and our flower girls (we had 3) wore tutus from Nellie Bug's. Awesome, very durable (we had a few falls) tutus. Great price, too!

Posted by: Celia
on February 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I want to second the Nellie Bug's Tutus! We just got our Christmas portraits done last week and they're GORGEOUS! I cannot believe how fast she shipped them!

Posted by: Alicia
on December 21, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Just wanted to mention Nellie Bug's Tutus - I bought my daughter's tutu there for Halloween and I am buying another for her Christmas portraits. They're only $20 and much fuller than the other ones I've found online!! www.nelliebugs.com

Posted by: Kristen
on December 3, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Hello, you have the most fabulously wonderful site here and I had to leave this comment for you ! Your posts are beautifully written, creative and original too, and you have interesting pictures.

It's all perfect !

Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes.... 'Happy September'....

Posted by: Elise
on September 5, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Posted by: Sam White
on September 2, 2009 at 1:09 AM

I am actually planning on making both of my flowergirls tutu dresses in our wedding colors. I love the idea!

Posted by: Candice
on September 1, 2009 at 11:09 AM

What gorgeous tutus, a great idea for the little girls. When I proposed, all I could think about was the venue for the wedding. I knew that I wanted to have the ceremony in some dreamy place away from home, and when a friend suggested a Wedding In Hawaii, I thought WOW! What a fantastic idea, and I had read about Hawaiian Weddings online, so naturally this was the choice we eventually made. What a blast!!!

Hawaii Wedding

Posted by: islandwed
on August 27, 2009 at 10:08 PM

The comments to this entry are closed.

Hot Product of the Moment