Thursday, November 06, 2008

swirlWedding Invitationsswirl

Keepsake Idea: Invite President-Elect Barack Obama to Your Wedding

Barackobama If you got engaged during this historic election year and you’re planning to marry after January 20, 2009 (Inauguration Day) did you know you can formally invite our new president to your wedding? If you send an invite to the White House you’ll get a personal response signed by the president and first lady. For all your political power couples out there, this is a cheap and easy keepsake idea that’s sure to make your wedding album or planning scrapbook pop.

Mail your invitation to the Obamas here:

The Honorable Barack Obama and Mrs. Obama
The White House
Greetings Office Room 39
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20500

Prefer to fax it over? Use: 202-395-1232

BTW: Allow at last 6 weeks for your response to arrive and be sure to include both your new and old mailing address.
Comments (78)|add a comment

Posted by: air jordans shoes
on June 6, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Do you think he will come to the UK?

Posted by: wedding marquee
on June 2, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I had no idea you can invite the Obamas to your wedding! That definitely is huge keepsake to remember your special day!

Posted by: Wedding Anniversary Rings
on April 23, 2010 at 1:04 PM

My daughter mailed her invitation the first of August and received a reply this week (November 10). It is a very nice keepsake. It is from our President and First Lady after all. I did not vote for President Obama but he is our President. My daughter also sent an invitation to the Pope and to the Queen of England--We are Baptist and American. The reply from the President of the United States will be the most cherished.

Posted by: Donna Davenport
on November 13, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I sent my sister in laws invitation in May of this year and I just received it today. Oh ye of little faith. There are plenty of things that they waste taxpayers money on don't hate!!!! I'm going to send my childhood friend's invite too. So there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: S. R. Butler
on November 9, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Wow, lame. Have you losers got nothing better to do than waste taxpayers' money for a keepsake (because someone has to open your letters, read them, and print and mail back replies)? American brides are so narcissistic.

Posted by: Xenobiologista
on October 28, 2009 at 1:10 AM

I can't find the blog, can you give me a hint?

Posted by: Celebspice
on July 9, 2009 at 5:07 AM

I'm faxing mine tomorrow and will probably mail one later. I figure if I get it by my wedding great, if not, at least I'll get a keepsake from them eventually. It's a historic year to be married in, so why not!

Posted by: Laura
on June 12, 2009 at 12:06 AM

I sent our invitation to our wedding which is in 3 weeks and have not received anything as of yet. I am keeping my hopes up but I with the way the world is functioning at the present time I totally understand it may take awhile.

Posted by: Christy
on June 2, 2009 at 8:06 AM

I called the white house switch board this morning. I was told that this department has not been formed, YET. Then she told me to fax it, maybe I will get a response when someone has been assigned to this department. So, I faxed and will hope for the best. This would have been cool.

Posted by: Almeta
on March 19, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I sent my invitation back in mid-December for a March 2009 wedding. Has anyone received their keepsake yet?

Posted by: Kiki
on February 27, 2009 at 9:02 AM

This is a wonderful idea! My fiance and I were engaged at the Inauguration, so this would be a wonderful keepsake for us!

Posted by: Angela
on February 6, 2009 at 10:02 PM

This is a excellent ideal The president and his family will be recieving my invitation !!

Posted by: Chiquila
on January 23, 2009 at 7:01 PM

okay first of all i would like to say that i think enviting president obama and his wife and children to my wedding is a good idea and i am going to envite them but i have to laugh at all these women/ girls out here posting their invitations to president obama on weddingchannel.com....... do you really think president obama is just sitting around on line waiting to find weddings to go to??? hes not going to come to this website personally and read your comment... send him a formal invitation people....

Posted by: ashley
on January 20, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I am not inviting you to a wedding ,But to come and bring you daughter's to our pirity ball for father and daughters come together and make a coveing with God and Family to keep herself until marriage and to honor her father and mother

Posted by: Mother Mary Straughter
on November 19, 2008 at 1:11 PM

First and foremost, I praise God for giving us you, as our 44th president of The United States of America! President-Elect and First Lady, I would like to invite your family to my daughter's wedding on August 15th 2009. My daughter will be 34 years of age and this is her first marriage and with your blessing and God's loving covenant and guidance, this will be her only marriage. We would be honored to have you, your wife and beautiful daughters to be apart of this joyful reunion of Sharlene and Antoine. Thank you and wish you all the peace and happiness this world has to offer.
Sincerely, Sharon.

Posted by: Sharon
on November 17, 2008 at 2:11 PM

obama and family can you please come to my wedding in April i love you sooo much please please, please, hek yeah iam begging this is our president who has come to a world that has been so messed up for years i believe he will help all of us but he need alot of time after all, they gave him the world in a mess, no one can fix it in 4 years, God made the world in 7 days, but i will vote for him again if God is willing, so please come to my wedding, it will be a blessing
God bless obama is wife and kids, i will pray for you,thanks to all those who love him too

Posted by: Marrerosandra
on November 13, 2008 at 7:11 PM

good afternoon ms renee

first of all i feel very sorry for you and the way that u feel especially being a native american. the land that we now call american land was stolen from your ancestors. explain to me how u can so easily forget that. and second of all u should learn to spell and proof read your message before sending it for others to read, also and most importantly u should know the facts about who or what u r speaking on. president elect obama has brought hope to this country. and it is obvious from the election that this is something that the people of the united states need at this point in time. we have given the republicans (bush) a chance to run this country and unfortunately that have successfully run it into the ground. so y not give obama a chance he has given this country something that it has missed in the previous election HOPE for everyone not just blks. and stop using your religion to speak such ingnorant things that dont even make sense. i pray for pres. obama i pray that he allows God to lead his every decision and i pray the God protects him from ingnorant people such as yourself. Again like one of the previous writers indicated u can easily move to another country alone by yourself. and this is my opinion and feelings as a blk woman. on a lighter note i will be marrying the man of my dreams in aug of 2010 and would love to invite the president and his wife knowing that the wouldn't possibly be able to make it but just to have their respond for a memorable keepsake would make our day even better. America stay prayful for yourself and our President Obama

Posted by: sonja
on November 13, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Isn't this website supposed to be about weddings? So, they post how to invite the president-elect and his wife to your wedding. Well, before January 20th 2009, you can always invite President Bush and Mrs. Bush if you prefer. I think that it's neat to be able to invite the President, and get a response for my scrapbook, no matter who he/she is!

Posted by: Claudia
on November 13, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Wow, i can't beleive how people can be of God and speak of evil, God equal love, love thee neighbor. Cain is in the bible under John chapter Two, spoke of Cain being nothing but evil. Obama is change, hope and peace on earth. If you notice McCain in Red and Obama in blue meaning peace and heavenly. Blue is calm red is hot and can consider to be evil devil in red... Just like they hated Jesus when he was of good, they cast stone and hung him. Jesus died for you sins.

Posted by: La Gardner
on November 12, 2008 at 11:11 PM

One more thing where is this blog she wrote? I must be blind! lol thanks

Posted by: cheryl
on November 12, 2008 at 10:11 PM

I think it's sad how ppl fight over someone else's life. And how him becoming president made more racial remarks .. I wish everyone could let it be!

Posted by: cheryl
on November 12, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Hi Joy, I am very excited about going to Maui. I just may have to put the volcano tour on my list of excursions.I can't wait!!!! :o)

Posted by: Tiffany
on November 12, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Sorry my first comment should of said BARACK OBAMA AND HIS FAMILY DOES NOT PRACTICE ISLAM RELIGION!... This is why its good to proof read your work!!

Posted by: Serae Clarke
on November 12, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Renee let me educate you on something:
1. BARACK OBAMA IS NOT A MUSLIM... I repeat BARACK OBAMA NOR HIS FAMILY PRACTICES ISLAM RELIGION, HE IS A CHRISTIAN MAN AS WELL AS HIS FAMILY!!!!

2. Barack Obama's dad is from Kenya. A completely different COUNTRY from Nigeria. Yes the are in the continent of Africa but that does not mean the culture, people, nor language is the same. Thats like saying Italy and France is the same just because its in the same CONTINENT! lol! You need to get your geography straight!!!

3. Reading your blog made me feel uneasy and I came to the conclusion that you are definately the DEVIL if you are spreading all that hate to another human being.

Posted by: Serae Clarke
on November 12, 2008 at 5:11 PM

The comments to this entry are closed.

Hot Product of the Moment